Human Resources & Workforce Diversity
Wisconsin Retirement Eligibility
You should know. . .
- Eligibility for the Wisconsin Retirement System is determined by state law and regulations.
- When you become eligible for WRS coverage, you begin to earn years of creditable service and to accumulate contributions in your WRS account.
- WRS eligibility is a pre-requisite for many other benefits. You may need to enroll for these programs within a short time after you become WRS-eligible.
What to do. . .
- Review the important enrollment deadlines for your employment group (classified or unclassified).
- File a beneficiary designation with the Department of Employee Trust Funds.
Return to Life Events list
This document was last revised on January 8, 2010