Long Term Care Insurance
Through the State of Wisconsin Long Term Care Insurance Program, approved private insurance companies offer coverage for short and long-term home health care, assisted living, community-based care and nursing home care to State of Wisconsin and University of Wisconsin employees and their family members. The program is authorized under Wisconsin statute (s. 40.55) and policies must meet the standards established in Wisconsin Administrative Code Chapter ETF 41. The Department of Employee Trust Funds (ETF) provides program oversight under the direction of the State of Wisconsin Group Insurance Board.
While many good long care products are on the market, approval by the State Program ensures that the product has been reviewed by the Department of Employee Trust Funds. You may pay premiums by payroll deduction if you choose. Under federal law, long-term care premiums may not be taken on a pre-tax basis.
- Plan is open to any state or university employee.
- Your spouse, domestic partner (restrictions may apply), parents and in-laws may apply even if you do not have coverage.
- You may apply for coverage at any time.
- All applications are subject to medical underwriting; some illnesses or pre-existing conditions will disqualify you from the plan.
- Each policy covers one individual.
- Premiums vary according to the coverage you select.
- The University makes no contribution toward the premium.
- Payroll deduction is available.
- Once your policy is issued, coverage will not be limited or excluded for any pre-existing condition or illness.
- Vendor and contact information is available on ETF's long-term care insurance website.
- Learn about the CASH-First and Assured Solutions Gold policies available through HealthChoice by reviewing an informational brochure.
|Disclaimer||Questions About This Site||Questions About Your Benefits|
This document was last revised on March 12, 2010